We’re posting this keto-friendly 3:1 recipe in honor of National Strawberry Shortcake Day (June 14). Enjoy!
Provides: 216 kcals, 20.99 gm fat, 3.41 gms protein, 3.59 net carbs and 3:1 ratio
Makes 1 strawberry shortcake
- 15 grams heavy cream (about 1 Tbsp)
- 2 grams vanilla extract (about 1 tsp)
- 30 grams strawberries, raw (about 4 Tbsp)
- 5 grams of egg (raw, mixed well) (about 1 tsp)
- 20 grams KetoVie Vanilla (about 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
- 28 grams Kwik Mix (about 4 Tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small muffin tin with a muffin liner (you will only be using one muffin cup).
- Weigh the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to Kwik mix and stir to combine.
- Drop mixture into one muffin cup and smooth to even. Place water in the remaining cups.
- Back for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is cooked.
- While muffins are baking, weigh and measure KetoVie and heavy cream.
- Using a mixer, whip the Ketovie/cream mixture until medium to stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Weigh out the strawberries, assemble, and enjoy!
Guest post by Diana Lehner-Gulotta, RDN, CNSC Ketogenic & Neurology Dietitian at University of Virginia Health System It’s no secret that keto foods look a little different, and many parents are worried their child will feel isolated as a result. The key to ensuring this doesn’t happen is pretty simple – inclusion! Read on for
How about a summertime treat? Enjoy this delicious 4.04:1 ice cream sandwich sitting under a tree on a hot day. Chocolate chip ice cream sandwich Nutritional Information Per recipe: 469 calories 46.83g fat, 6.2g protein, 5.4g net carbs, 4.04:1 ratio Ingredients 30 grams heavy cream (about 2 Tbsp) 1 gram vanilla extract (about 1 tsp) 7
May 5 is Cinco de Mayo – a day to celebrate Mexican culture. Here’s a keto-friendly recipe which substitutes Cambrooke’s Cheddar Dough for the corn tortilla. With 524 calories and 50.71 grams of fat, it’s a substantial meal, suitable for a teen or adult. Cheddar Dough Tostada 3:1 Ingredients .5 g Chili powder .5
We think breakfast can be the most challenging keto meal of the day. It is too easy to get stuck in a rut. Eggs again? Great. Here are some KetoVie Café breakfast inspirations to help you mix it up. 1. Kwik Mix Donuts 4:1 This simple recipe uses our standard Kwik Mix waffle/pancake recipe,
Cambrooke and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (Winston Salem, NC) teamed up earlier this month to put on a keto friendly Spring Fling. We had a great time decorating KetoVie Café Kwik Mix Cookies with Easy Buttercream Frosting and Truvia “sprinkles” (Truvia + food coloring). Recipes can easily be adapted to fit your ketogenic ratio.
By Mary Susan Spears, MS, RD , CSP, LD As anyone who has followed a keto type diet plan can tell you, the number one side effect is constipation. Small servings of fruits and vegetables combined with more fats can do a number on doing number two. Today, I’m going to talk about fiber and
It’s the time of year when kids and teachers start dreaming of summer vacation… but parents of children on ketogenic diets need to think ahead to next fall to make sure their children can eat school lunches. Advance preparation in the spring can save time and headaches in the fall and help children eat a
It’s officially spring! Although there’s still plenty of snow at Cambrooke’s headquarters, the days are getting longer, and spring holidays are just around the corner. Celebrate with a spring-green, minty 3:1 Shamrock Shake inspired by Maria Rebbecchi (Keto Mom Extraordinaire). 3:1 KetoVie Shamrock Shake Nutrition Info: 3.3:1 ketogenic ratio, 216 calories, 1.2g net carbohydrate (3.6g total
The year is coming to an end and we are all starting to prepare for 2018. In order to kick off the New Year we wanted to ask one of the true experts about some things to help those following a ketogenic diet get through the winter and holiday season. Bobbie Barron is the ketogenic dietitian