By Mary Susan Spears, MS, RD, CSP, LD It’s that time all school children and teachers look forward to every year: summer! Time for playing outside and trying to stay cool. The warmer weather makes it important for everyone to stay hydrated. After all, water makes up 60-75% of our body weight. We lose water
Here are some all-American recipes to fill your Fourth of July picnic with keto treats! Menu Corn Dogs Basil Salad with Pizza Croutons Cheesy Avocado Cups Strawberry Mousse Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies Corn dog 2:1 Ingredients 15g heavy cream, 36% (1 Tbs) 0.5g vinegar, white distilled (⅛ tsp) 21g Applegate Farms® Original Uncured Beef Hot
In June, many teens and young adults graduate and leave home — a time young people on the keto diet have to take on added responsibility for keeping themselves healthy. We asked Chanda Gunn, New Hampshire Field Manager of the Epilepsy Foundation of New England, if she knew any young adults with epilepsy who could talk
We’re posting this keto-friendly 3:1 recipe in honor of National Strawberry Shortcake Day (June 14). Enjoy!
Provides: 216 kcals, 20.99 gm fat, 3.41 gms protein, 3.59 net carbs and 3:1 ratio
Makes 1 strawberry shortcake
- 15 grams heavy cream (about 1 Tbsp)
- 2 grams vanilla extract (about 1 tsp)
- 30 grams strawberries, raw (about 4 Tbsp)
- 5 grams of egg (raw, mixed well) (about 1 tsp)
- 20 grams KetoVie Vanilla (about 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
- 28 grams Kwik Mix (about 4 Tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small muffin tin with a muffin liner (you will only be using one muffin cup).
- Weigh the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to Kwik mix and stir to combine.
- Drop mixture into one muffin cup and smooth to even. Place water in the remaining cups.
- Back for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is cooked.
- While muffins are baking, weigh and measure KetoVie and heavy cream.
- Using a mixer, whip the Ketovie/cream mixture until medium to stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Weigh out the strawberries, assemble, and enjoy!
Guest post by Diana Lehner-Gulotta, RDN, CNSC Ketogenic & Neurology Dietitian at University of Virginia Health System It’s no secret that keto foods look a little different, and many parents are worried their child will feel isolated as a result. The key to ensuring this doesn’t happen is pretty simple – inclusion! Read on for
How about a summertime treat? Enjoy this delicious 4.04:1 ice cream sandwich sitting under a tree on a hot day. Chocolate chip ice cream sandwich Nutritional Information Per recipe: 469 calories 46.83g fat, 6.2g protein, 5.4g net carbs, 4.04:1 ratio Ingredients 30 grams heavy cream (about 2 Tbsp) 1 gram vanilla extract (about 1 tsp) 7
May 5 is Cinco de Mayo – a day to celebrate Mexican culture. Here’s a keto-friendly recipe which substitutes Cambrooke’s Cheddar Dough for the corn tortilla. With 524 calories and 50.71 grams of fat, it’s a substantial meal, suitable for a teen or adult. Cheddar Dough Tostada 3:1 Ingredients .5 g Chili powder .5
We think breakfast can be the most challenging keto meal of the day. It is too easy to get stuck in a rut. Eggs again? Great. Here are some KetoVie Café breakfast inspirations to help you mix it up. 1. Kwik Mix Donuts 4:1 This simple recipe uses our standard Kwik Mix waffle/pancake recipe,
Cambrooke and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (Winston Salem, NC) teamed up earlier this month to put on a keto friendly Spring Fling. We had a great time decorating KetoVie Café Kwik Mix Cookies with Easy Buttercream Frosting and Truvia “sprinkles” (Truvia + food coloring). Recipes can easily be adapted to fit your ketogenic ratio.
By Mary Susan Spears, MS, RD , CSP, LD As anyone who has followed a keto type diet plan can tell you, the number one side effect is constipation. Small servings of fruits and vegetables combined with more fats can do a number on doing number two. Today, I’m going to talk about fiber and